Announcing the 6th National Conference on Grazing Lands!
We are pleased to announce that the National Grazing Lands Coalition will host a 6th National Conference on Grazing Lands that will take place in Grapevine, Texas, December 13th – 16th, 2015! The National GLC is the parent organization to your Hawaii Grazing Land Coalition, so join us for one of the most anticipated conferences designed for ranchers, by ranchers!
The conference features presentations on the following, plus a whole lot more!…
- Successful Ranching with Managed Grazing
- Science, Pseudoscience, and When to Spend Your Money
- Starting in Ranching — A Young Couple’s Perspective
- Using Grazing to Improve Health of the Entire Soil-Plant-Animal-Human Complex
- Making Brush Management Pay
- Grass-Based Health
- Managed Goat Browsing as a Restoration Tool
- Mob Grazing to Efficiently Utilize the Forage
- Silvopasture — A Unique Innovation
- Getting Started in the Business: Leasing and Custom Grazing
- Innovative Grazing Management for Multiple Resource Benefits
Join us for a special Grazing Land Soil Health tour of Texas on Sunday, December 13th, 2015. Our bus will depart the Hyatt Regency DFW at 7:30 AM and arrive by 9 AM at the Popp Farm north of Lindsey, Texas. Here participants will learn about cropland soil health and how the Popp farm has utilized a no-till and cover crop practice on their Blackland soil. After a hearty Texas-sized lunch, we will stop by the Dixon Water Foundation and learn about grazing land rotations and their benefit on rangeland and pastureland soil health. Return to the Hyatt Regency by 4 pm in time for the Exhibitor/Sponsor’s Social. Be sure and stop by the registration desk on Saturday evening from 5 pm – 7 pm to pick up your registration materials and tour tickets!
For more information:
Please visit the NatGLC website often to learn of new updates or subscribe to their NatGLC Facebook page and Grazing Lands eNewsletter to stay abreast of grazing conference planning! Subscribe to Grazing Lands eNews!